Friday, September 07, 2007

Nose dive...

Payton apparently can't walk and talk at the same time! Tuesday at school she did a "superman" dive right on her face while taking a walk with her class. The poor thing looked just terrible when I picked her up! I asked her "what happened to your face!?" And she proceeded to rub her cheeks and forehead and say "my face, something happen to my face?" Her nose and lip were all scraped up and swollen. She looks like she got in a fight. It would be fine if her lip wasn't scraped too. She just won't leave it alone! Good thing I don't have photos lined up for the weekend. I almost made an appointment last week. We will have to wait until she is all healed.

Potty training is starting to really come together for her too. She wears her "big girl underwear" every day at school, and at home she wants the pull-ups, but we are still going to potty consistently. Thank goodness for that. She has started to tell us she has to go, usually when she is on the verge of going.... we have had many "hurry Payton, hurry!" to the bathroom. Then high 5's all around when she goes. Bedtime is still a major pain in the @#$. We average aobut 30 minutes a night... that is to do the bedtime routine that could take only 5-10 minutes... All our strategies seem to work for a couple nights, then we are back to square one again. SO frustrating! She is usually up around 6:30am regardless of the time we finally get her down. Fortunately Addison's bedtime routine is great, so Brian and I can tag team Payton.

Tomorrow Payton has her first friend birthday party. A house full of 3 year olds... should be interesting!

No comments: