Friday, January 16, 2009

Addie Updates...

Well, she is finally over this! On Tuesday I got a call at work and had to leave to pick her up at daycare because she had a 103 temp again. I had a long talk with our pediatrician that afternoon and she really calmed me down so I could be reasonable about this whole thing. Unfortunately Addison is more likely (than a child who has not ever had a febrile seizure) to have one again. She did talk with me about when I need to bring her in if it should happen again. We do have a follow-up appointment next week to recheck those ears and just make sure that Addie is totally better. She has been fever free for 2 days now so that is a HUGE relief to us, and everyone that knows and loves our Addison. Brian and I feel so thankful and blessed for all the hugs, phone calls, and thoughts/prayers that have been given to us. We truly appreciate that.

On to happier things, since Addie is back to herself and I had some time yesterday I decided to get the toddler bed out of storage and assemble it. Brian and I had talked that we really should just get it in her room so she gets used to it being there. With Payton we had a crib and a bed in her room for what seemed like forever! She was so excited to see that little bed she climbed right up and started to bounce. Payton got in on that action too;) At nap time we walked into her room, she climbed right up there and quickly fell asleep. I was shocked! Last night same thing. She slept through the night too, first time this week! So we are on a roll. Lets hope it continues.

Payton is SO happy that Addison is feeling better and is back at school. She said to me today "Mumma, when Addie was sick at home I missed her!" Isn't that sweet. Funny though, because they are in different rooms at school. But they do see each other in the lunch room. I had a meeting at work today so the girls had to go to school this morning, and Fridays are show and tell day in Payton's room. The letter today was E. Payton brought her book "Ella the Elegant Elephant". She was so excited to show her teachers and friends! I love that! So we are a pretty happy bunch right now. If it would only warm up! Brrrrrr......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! I'm glad this is over for you guys.