Thursday, September 24, 2009

Weekend away, now back to reality!

Well, I was in Wisconsin last weekend throwing my sister Valerie her baby shower (she is due with her first baby in December, a girl). And Brian decided to stay home with both sweeties. This is the first time he has had them alone for this long, and from what he said they were great. Addison slept good (although since I am home again she wakes up calling for me, we have been struggling with this lately), Payton was busy all Saturday with her friends birthday party and a play date, and Brian did get Payton to Sunday school too.

The shower went really well. Valerie had a good turn out and got a lot of really nice things. It is so weird for me to see our crib up at her house. Her nursery looks really cute though! I was able to see some childhood friends and catch up in person (instead of FB!), as well as spend time with my sisters and mom. It was a really nice weekend!

We are back to reality now... Payton's class has a color chart for their behavior during the day. Green if they are doing good, yellow if they need to be redirected, red if the redirecting doesn't work and they are still not listening/acting appropriately, and black if there is an incident that requires them to be removed from class and go spend time in the office calming down. They can go back and forth between the colors during the day. Uh... Payton has been black twice this week!!! AND, Addison's teacher told us on Tuesday that she was saying "NO!" to everything and hitting her friends. ARGH! And to top it off my work week has been horrible, we have been just crazy with crazies! Why do I work with the public?? Oh yeah, because I really do love my job... Please let next week be better!

No comments: