Friday, April 16, 2010

Gymnastics


We had our first class at the YMCA this week. Payton has been going to gymnastics since she turned 3 so she was VERY excited to go back to class. She kept saying "Mumma! We live in an apartment and I can still go to gymnastics! I didn't know that!". Poor thing thinks she can't do anything she likes apparently. haha We love the Gymnastics Club in Owatonna, so I was really hoping that this program would be just as good. I had heard good things, but was waiting to see it for myself. The girls are in 2 different classes, this is Addison's first gymnastics class and Payton is a bit more advanced. It was really nice too because their classes are at the same time so I could watch them both at once. Payton did really well, like she never stopped her classes. Addison did awesome at following directions, but I laughed out loud when she was on the bars and when she when to swing over the bar she let go and grabbed her coach around the waist. Poor lady... it was hysterical! Overall it was a good class, and it is very much like the classes we are used to. I just wish it was one hour instead of 45 minutes. The girls could have more time on the equipment that way. That and it is open gym after the class is over. So the kids can just play on the equipment, sounds good unless your 3 year old jumps in "the pit" full of foam blocks and can't get herself out. I almost fell in myself digging her out!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Glad you can get Payton back to "normal" a bit - I bet that makes her feel better! :) Great picture too!