Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Our September

Payton has been in kindergarten for 4 weeks! She goes for the entire day, leaving on the bus at 7:30am and getting off the bus at 3:30pm. And lets just say that she adjusted just fine! She loves her teacher, riding the bus, her friends (she is constantly begging to have friends over), art, the library, hot lunch.... the list goes on! We now have a desk in her room and she sits there and works on her homework at night (it usually is just a worksheet about her day). She has soccer practice with Daddy on Mondays and games on Saturdays. She is loving that as well. I think she loves it more because Brian is her coach, but at times it is tough for Brian because the girls (there are 14 on their team) LOVE him. They just crowd around him and hang on him. And of course Payton is always at his side. I personally think it is cute how much they like him:) Payton loves to be the goalie... She has really taken to spending time in her room working on "projects". Right now she is working a writing a story book called "the missing doll". SO cute!

Miss Addison has been a busy girl too! She goes to her daycare 2 days a week. We are starting a new school on Friday. It is closer to home, has a pre-k program she can start next year, has a huge playground, a great pre-school room, and it is affiliated with a Lutheran church here in Appleton. We are pretty happy that we are able to send her there. We had to pick 2 specific days (we were going week to week with our schedule before), so we had to wait and see how my job worked out. So we passed on them in the spring, and now that my job is settling into a routine I called the new center and they had room for her. She is so excited to start there! It is a block away from Payton's school as well, so that makes it very nice! Addie also has started dance class. She goes every Thursday night. And it is just the cutest thing! She loves to dance around the house, and she really has taken to going to class! She is doing ballet and tap, but she loves tap the best right now. But who wouldn't with those cute shoes that click, click, click!

Brian is as always super busy at work. He has been able to use his office at home finally, and that has been really nice for him. He has not been working as late days either which has been nice. I am into a nice routine at work and have been picking up a lot of hours in our outpatient infusion room. That is what I am used to, so that is a nice thing for me. We do some outpatient chemo there as well as a lot of blood transfusions. And the best part is that the infusion room on our unit is only open 8:30-5. So the hours work out really nice for us! We are working with a local landscaper to start some plantings in our yard this fall. Our grass is coming in nicely. Brian is actually going to mow the lawn this week, which believe it or not is exciting!

Right now I am recovering from strep throat and really hoping no one else gets it! I ended up going to urgent care a couple of days ago with fever, chills and severe sore throat. I still can't believe I got it somehow. I haven't had strep throat is probably 20 years! But I am starting to feel like my old self again. Payton had her first cold and of course this flared up her asthma. So we are back on flovent again. Thankfully that seems to be helping some. We are looking forward to the fall. It is our favorite time of year!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

So sorry about your strep throat! I got it 2 years ago (hadn't had it in years, like you) and it KILLED me! I seriously felt more sick than I ever had before. Feel better soon!

It sounds like Payton and Addison are enjoying school, dance class, and life in general! I'm glad everything is working out well for you guys.

Tina said...

Thanks Lisa.

yeah, the strep thing is horrible. I overdid it yesterday morning because I felt decent and paid for it the rest of the day! I am just about 100% today! Finally! So far no one else in the house has got it...