October started with a bang when I had 7 girlfriends from Minnesota come to spend the weekend with me. Brian took the girls to the lake in MI and we had the house to ourselves! It was so nice to see everyone, and I really felt humbled that they would travel all that way to see me. We had an awesome weekend!
Unfortunately after that weekend sickness fell on our house! Brian and I had horrible colds that lasted weeks. I finally got better (after strep and that cold I was just exhausted...), but Payton's asthma flaired up. I ended up bringing her to the doctor to find out she had pneumonia! We increased her inhalers and added an antibiotic. We go back next week for her 6 year well child, and because her coughing is still not great I am thinking we will move forward with possible allergy testing. Her pneumonia didn't keep her down for long! After her diagnosis Brian was still feeling pretty sick and after a couple rough days he went in to the doctor to be diagnosed with pneumonia as well! Addison just got a small cold through all this. We are all on the mend now, and hoping that November is better for us with illness.
The girls have had a couple of friends at their schools that have had birthdays, Payton just finished up her soccer season. And Addison is still loving dance. I have been volunteering at the school for different things, and it is so fun to see Payton when she doesn't necessarily see me! She has a lot of friends she plays with and we have found another friend of hers that lives in our neighborhood. At a birthday party this weekend with Addison I was talking to the mom of the birthday boy to find out they lived in our neighborhood as well. We are so lucky! Brian is crazy at work, but hoping that some restructuring will turn things around and free up some of his time there. Fingers crossed on that one!
We finally have trees in our yard. We got a landscape plan done for us and decided to have some big trees put in this year. We ended up with 4 beauties! Brian went to the tree farm and hand selected the ones we wanted. We have a purple ash (we had this put in at our MN home and love it), silver maple, autumn blaze maple, and a hawthorne (my personal favorite!). When they came to put them in last week I was shocked at how big they are. Brian can't get his hand to touch around the base of either maple. We haven't had a chance to get out there and take photos, but expect and before and after shot soon!
The Cave
9 years ago
2 comments:
Dance eh? I thought there was a clause in the Father contract that Brian signed stating no dance for either of the girls? :)
Ha! You are right Jamie... I sorta went over his head on that one:) But he didn't put up too much of a fight!
Post a Comment