Thursday, September 29, 2011

Silly Girls

So over the weekend we had 2 friends over to play. One of Payton's friends, Ella, from her kindergarten class has a little sister that is just a couple weeks older that Addie. So why not have them over together right? It was a rainy day, so it was a perfect way for the girls to spend it. WOW! 4 little girls running around the house squealing was something! And of course, I tried to get the little ones distracted so the bigger girls could play. So I broke out the play doh (this is something that we don't do often because we have a ton of it, and it gets wild and messy!). Well, that turned into a extravaganza for all 4 ladies. Then we moved on to painting (I know, I am crazy!). The kitchen needed some major cleanup when they left, but they did have a lot of fun.

Payton is LOVING first grade! She brings home a math worksheet home to do every night. She gets home and is quite good at sitting at the counter in the kitchen and work on it when she has a snack. And every night we read (or she reads to us) for about 15 minutes before bed. We have moved bedtime earlier since school started and she doesn't seem to mind one bit. It has been a good start to the year for her.

Addie is as silly as ever. She is at Pre-K this year, and that is going good. If we could just remember show and tell for her is every Monday morning! Before we are leaving to school on Monday morning... We will get there! She is taking Ballet/Tap combo dance again this year. I can really see that she has really gotten better! She is with a group of 3-4 year olds, and I can tell that she is one of the older ones just by the way she listens to her teachers. That, and the fact that Addie is pretty tall and a lot of the 3 year olds are TINY:) Last night at dance she found her gloves from last year's recital in her dance bag. So, of course, she had to wear them in class. Her teacher (who is the director of the studio) just thought that was "SO fun" that Addie wore them the entire class. And the best part? Looks like we mixed up the gloves after their last show in May because we only have 2 left ones:) Didn't faze our girl a bit!

1 comment:

Ronni said...

Way to go breaking out the paints and the play doh! That's super selfless stuff, Tina. I'm glad to see the girls doing so well.