Monday, December 12, 2011

Our Holiday Season... so far!

Wow, how did it become the middle of December so quickly! Seems like we were just celebrating Payton's birthday! We have been too busy I think...

Thanksgiving came and went with travel, food, and family. I was scheduled to work on the Friday after Thanksgiving, so Brian left on Thursday with the girls to spend the holiday with his parents and sister (who was up in Negaunee for the weekend). So I had a quiet day to myself! Then it turns out that they didn't need me after all and I was cancelled on Friday... At first I was upset thinking that I could be in Negaunee, but after my sister Nicole mentioned black Friday shopping and getting ready for our Thanksgiving dinner (which the Korby's celebrated at our house on Saturday) I was good. We were out early Friday morning, but not crazy early. And we didn't hit many lines and got some amazing deals! My parents and sister Val came down on Friday and we started to get the pies ready. They were here overnight, and Brian came home with the girls Saturday morning. We had a fun, but crazy, day with all my family at our house. I continue to tease my sisters about me hosting. When my mom and Nicole mentioned celebrating on Saturday I immediately said "That sounds great! Where are we having it?" The response I got was "Well.... we were thinking that you do have the biggest house..." Okay, I can take a hint;) So here it was. Everyone pitched in and it went over great. It is really fun that we all can fit into one room to eat. One year I am really going to have to take photos of that! But heads up ladies... I am showing up at one of your houses next year! lol

December started with Brian and I taking the day off for some Christmas shopping. We try to do this every year, and this year we loved that we actually made it out in December! But, we did spend more money on ourselves then on gifts. Outlet shopping is the best!

I started up a book club since moving to Appleton. We meet once a month at someones house to eat, drink, and talk about the book we read for the month. I hosted this past week and we did a "Yankee Swap". I was thinking back to our time in Massachusetts. I really miss holidays spent with our great friends out there! We think about everyone often:)

Last week Brian was suffering for a pretty good chest cold. I basically told him to suck it up or go to the doctor. He resisted the doctor. Last Thursday evening he had a low grade temp. Friday morning I listened to his lungs and suggested he call the doctor when the office opened. I knew what the verdict would be... He has pneumonia. Poor guy has been just miserable for a week leading up to that. I am SO glad that he went in. His doctor told him that it was pretty good sized infection. Geez, maybe he needs to listen to his personal nurse more often:) Or so I tell him! He seems to be turning a corner now though. Thank goodness for that!

Our niece/god-daughter Zoey turned 2 yesterday. We went to Valerie's on Saturday for her party. She is SO darn cute. I love that age... We walked in the door and the first thing Zo said was "Payden!" She loves her big cousin:) Brian and I (well me mostly) had started our new tradition with Zoey on her first birthday. We get her the Holiday Barbie each year on her birthday. I must say that part of me is selfish and I love to buy them. They are SO pretty, and I love that they are different every year! We did exchange gifts with Valerie and her family because we won't see them on Christmas. She gave our girls their coveted "Happy Nappers". Oh boy. Addie was running around the house just squealing over her unicorn:)

I think our shopping is mostly complete. I have a ton of wrapping to do though. I need to get motivated. Happy Holidays to everyone!

No comments: