Monday, August 15, 2005

Payton's first Boo Boo!

Well, Payton is "tearing up" this place lately! It is like someone flipped a switch and she is into things that she never looked twice at! Over the weekend we had just finished cooking dinner and she crawled right up to the oven and put her hand in the space just above the drawer... She screamed for 20 minutes!! After a nice cool water bath and some TLC she was fine. She is now sporting 2 tiny blisters on her right ring finger. We definetly felt worse than she did about it all though!

On to other news... the unpacking is finished!!! We just have some of our photos and large mirrors and frames that are still boxed up. They will stay that way until we figure out where to put them! My sister Nicole and her family are all coming for a visit on Thursday. Can't wait to see the kids. Jacob is 8 weeks aready!! Jason will help Brian get our much anticipated deck started. My sister Valerie and her fiance Nick will be here late on Saturday. We will be busting at the seams (our basement is not finished yet, still construction down there!), but we should make it! It looks like we may get some visitors from Vegas (via the rest of the US). It will be great if it works out and we can see the Jurevelins again!! It will be nice to share the new house with everyone.

We keep hearing about the Steele County Fair. Which is an annual thing here in Owatonna. It is a BIG deal here. I am sure the kids will have fun! We will have to check it out!

We are loving Minnesota so far. We have the new plates on the cars and our drivers license will be done this week... I just got my Minnesota RN license in the mail yesterday... I guess I have no more excuses for not finding a job!! Just need to get Payton a daycare! Yikes!!! I'll keep you posted on that one...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Payton is okay - isn't that scary? Well, I guess she learned her first lesson in "hot" - it could've been worse!

Have fun with your family this weekend! And tell everyone "hi"!

And congrats on your MN RN! That was really quick!

Tina said...

It was quite frightening! All I kept thinking was, we don't have a new doctor yet!!! I have been asking pretty much everyone I meet about pediatricians. They all use family practice out here. There is one pedi, but her practice is full. I am still trying to figure that one out!

The next day, she crawled right back up to the stove... it wasn't on this time:)

Anonymous said...

Have a great time with your family! I can't wait to visit again! Jeannine