The weather has been pretty damn nice lately so that makes it time to do yard work. I've raked a bit but I don't think I'll get the whole yard done...oh well. The grass is starting to green up so Saturday I'll put down some fertilizer. Fortunately the weather looks good on Saturday with rain on Sunday. That means I'll be mowing the lawn soon. I got a new mower at the end of last season, I just have to remember to put oil in it before I use it (gas too!). We also need to get started on the landscaping. We'll hit Lowe's this weekend to see what's available. I also plan on putting a fairly large tree in soon so I have to decide what to get. This tree is going to provide some shade for the deck but I don't want it to be too dense...just light filtering. We'll take it slowly and get a little done at a time so we don't get burned out.
2 comments:
I wish I could worry about these types of things! to own a house . . . !
We planted a Northern maple when we lived in town near our deck. It cost around $45 and was about 5' tall at the time. They're supposed to fill out into a nice round shape and because it's some kind of hybrid maple, they're supposed to grow well in the cooler climates.
Post a Comment