Alone with the two girls went fairly well. Today Payton is back at "school" so it is just Addison and I. Yesterday I was feeling a bit anxious about having them both all to myself, but Payton is such a little helper it really did help me out. She has to be the one to put Addison's dirty diapers in the diaper champ or she gets very upset. She did have a little meltdown when I wouldn't let her put her own dirty diapers in there though! Brian bought her some pull-ups with disney princesses on them. She really does seem to like her "pink diapers". We are really trying to get her going more on the potty. She always tells us she needs to go about 10 seconds too late! We'll get there. Bedtime is going a little better. Brian went to play tennis in town on Wednesday night and Payton and I gave Addison her first bath in her infant tub (her cord finally came off), and then I got Payton down to sleep without much difficulty. Last night it took a bit longer though. She is constantly trying to entertain Addison and she loves to give her her pacifier if she is crying. She is such a little mother hen;)
Addison is doing SO good. I am pumping in the evening and Brian is giving her a bottle between 9-10 pm and she goes right down to sleep in her bassinet. She sleeps until 1-2am then she gets a diaper change and I feed her then right back to sleep. She sleeps then until 5-6am and we do the same thing again. She then is down for a couple of more hours. Payton REFUSED to sleep anywhere except with Brian and I so this is a great thing for us! Addison is nursing so well too. We are so lucky that our colicky baby came first! I am keeping my fingers crossed that Addison keeps on the same track:)
I got a call from the pediatrician yesterday and all of our appointments are made. Because of the whole cystic fibrosis thing we have to meet with a pediatric pulmonologist after Addison's sweat test. Then we have to meet with genetics. They were able to get Payton's hematology appointment for the same day so we will have a jam packed day, but the nice thing is that Brian's mom with be here then so she can occupy Payton while we are in Addison's appointments. The unfortunate thing is that we have to wait until Addison is 4 weeks old. Newborns don't produce enough sweat until around then. So we will head out on March 23. Our genetics appointment will be the next week. So we wait... 2 weeks...
The Cave
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment