Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I couldn't believe it...

Yesterday I picked up Payton at daycare and she was still wearing the same jeans that we put on that morning! And even better was that she was still wearing the same undies too!!!!! She had NO accidents at all yesterday! And this morning I couldn't find her for a second, which is a sure sign that she is peeing somewhere in the house, so I called out "where are you Payton? Do you need to go potty?" and then I heard her yell "I already did Mumma!" She had gone into the bathroom by herself and went potty. This is a HUGE thing! I am thrilled!

Saturday was Payton's first friend birthday party. It went well, until the last 15 minutes or so... Mental note, don't throw a party with 10 3 year olds at 2-4pm. Payton's nap time... I think you can all get the picture. Unfortunatly for us, we had a party for Brian's work that night... She did okay after a little cat nap, but for a second there on the ride home from the birthday party I wished for earplugs!

I put in my order for our "pumpkin lady" today. I don't know if you remember me saying last year. This family from a local farm does fall decorations for outside. She drops off whatever you want (corn shucks, pumpkins, hay bales, gourds, indian corn...) and then after thanksgiving she picks it all back up. I love it, and she is super reasonable. We will be busy decorating tomorrow night! Maybe this year I will actually take a photo!

Last Friday our neighbor (also my co-worker) Lesa stopped by to chat after work. I mentioned how good Payton did at school that day going potty. She only had a minor accident, just didn't get to the potty in time. Later that night we were getting the girls out of the bathtub and the door bell rang. Lesa and her husband Rod were here to give Payton a gift for being such a big girl that day. A HUGE coloring book (it is seriously a couple of feet wide) and some markers (washable of course, they know me too well) for her to play with. Isn't that sweet?

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Yay Payton! :)

Sarah said...

I want to see pictures this year of the pumpkin lady stuff!!
=)