Thursday, January 03, 2008

Back to "normal" life!

Our company is gone and we are back to life as usual in our house. We hosted Brian's family for Christmas. It was busy and fun. Addison really took to her Uncle Tim. I was worried that she was going to be sad when he left! They wll left for home on New Year's Eve and then of course we had friends over that night. New Year's day was spent taking all our Christmas decorations down. Payton woke up for her nap, and after playing with Addison for a while asked "where did the Christmas tree go?". She didn't want Christmas to be over she said. It was sad to put all the fun stuff away, but it was nice to get the house back into order. I am big on order!:)

Christmas we so much fun! Payton was SO into the Santa thing. We made cookies on Christmas Eve and left them out. If Payton had her way Santa would have ate the entire batch! We got a ton a great gifts and had fun playing with them all! My personal favorites are my electric broom (love it!) and candlesticks that Brian gave me. It seemed like I opened a lot of gifts from Brian, and when I mentioned that he just said "that is because you are the mommy". Isn't that sweet? Good answer Brian!
Payton's favorite gifts I think are her new movies (she got 5) and the little mouse family and house that our neighbor gave her. It has a ton of small pieces though, so she has been spending a lot of time in her bedroom playing with that. Addison loves anything, she had a ton of fun on Christmas playing with all those gift bags. The girls got the most adorable hats made in Scotland from Brian's sister and her husband (they visited Scotland this fall). I will have to post photos soon. I got Brian a Sumo Lounge (sorta like a huge bean bag chair), it can be shaped into several comfy positions to lounge in. Payton loves it too! We ate too much and slept not enough (or so it feels).

Addison just finished her antibiotics today (did I mention that Brian had to bring her to the doctor's on Christmas Eve? I was at work, and she didn't seem well. I talked to the Dr. Katy's office and we decided to bring her in. Good thing. She had a double ear infection.) She is finally sleeping through the night. She just turned 10 months old. She is not crawling, but scooting on her butt all over the house. She is quicker than you may think! She seems to love moving and have that freedom, but she does get frustrated when she can't get there fast enough!

Payton has been getting up so early lately we decided may be because her toddler bed isn't too comfortable for her anymore. We are debating a twin vs. full bed in her room. So to help us decide we brought up the twin bed we had in storage downstairs and she has that in her room as a trial. She was worried because our bed is too high for her to climb on to. So we didn't put up the frame. Just the box spring and mattress. She loves it. I got her new sheets (Hello Kitty) and she loves her new bed and has been sleeping in (7am!!) every morning since. New Year's Day Brian and I woke up first, at 8 am!!!!

Well, that is all the "exciting" happenings at our house! I will get photos up soon.

No comments: