My parents were here last week for about 5 days or so. The Steele County fair was in town, and in Owatonna that is the BIGGEST thing of the year, so we were able to make it down a couple of times. Payton and Addie both got a pony ride. Payton keep yelling "giddy-up!" and Addie yelling "WEEEEEEE". They were so cute. We met friends there and Payton and her little sidekick Ava rode quite a bit of rides. This is the first time Payton rode anything without Brian so it was nice. They had a ball. Although at the petting zoo Payton begged to feed the animals... one big slobber from a kangaroo (I think it was) she was DONE with that. "Can we stop now and go wash our hands?" she said! That's my girl!
This week Brian was crazy at work, I usually am too. Addie has been suffering from a little cold, the rest of us have allergies. I took her for her 18 month appointment yesterday and of course she has another ear infection. This winter will be the true test. If she suffers even half as much as last year we will be doing tubes. Our pediatrician said she will send us there pretty quickly if Addie comes in the winter with ear infections. She is growing like a weed. She is 95% for weight and 80% for height. Payton got on the scale and she weighs 33 1/2 pounds. I think Addie was 29 pounds yesterday. Too funny. All is perfect with Addie's development. I always have to go through a list of questions (can your child drink from a cup, can your child walk, can your child stack 3 blocks...) about development at their age. You stop answering the questions (they are yes or no) at 3 nos. I got to the end of the list and Addison only had 2 nos. So nice job baby girl! It took a while for some of the gross motor skills to come, but now she is giving our Payton a run for her money!
The Cave
9 years ago
6 comments:
Isn't it funny that Payton and Addie are almost the same weight? It's so crazy the way things work out like that. I have a sister who has two daughters, and it's the same with her kids.
We are always saying that it is so wierd!
My theory is that bigger kids sometimes take longer to develop the gross motor skills. I think Jill and Ian (correct me, Sarah?)walked around 15 or 16 months and they are both tall. It seems like more work if there is more body to balance! Anyway, great job, Addie!
Our pediatrician did tell me that exact thing at our 12 month appointment. So your theory is spot on Ronni! Addie did not walk consistently until around 15 months.
I don't like to brag, but I do have extensive experience in the medical field... Have you heard of band-aids? Yeah, that was me. :)
Well then Ronni, thanks for that:)
Post a Comment