Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Olympics Rant

I figured I wouldn't watch much of the olympics since I'm not that interested much of the events. But, out of curiosity I had to check it out from time to time. Of course the only time I have to watch seems to be during "prime time". NBC shuts down programming on the other stations carrying the olympics so you are forced to watch whatever is on NBC. The first 4 days the olympics were on the only sports I saw were swimming and volleyball. That's it. Coverage hasn't gotten much better but at least they've moved on to some new events. My suggestion would be to not air an event unless it's for a medal. Stop showing all the preliminary rounds. That way a greater variety of events can be covered.

And don't even get me started on the announcers.......

1 comment:

David said...

Have you seen trampoline(ing)? I was laughing so hard, I should have won a medal. And I didn't think anything was worse than sync swimming.