Thursday, November 13, 2008

Payton's Party...

So, does any child like it when you are singing "Happy Birthday" to them? I had a castle cake made for her from a sister of one of Payton's teachers... I turned out beautiful!


Well, we had a huge turnout. We had about 14 kids (I think) and several of the parents stayed as well. I must say that Payton's "My little Pony" castle was a HUGE hit. Of course all the kids trashed her room, but they sure had fun playing in there! Even the boys couldn't tear themselves away from her castle! This year it was SO much easier to get them all to focus. And as predicted my sister Nicole was a huge help with the games (we played hot potato and dropped clothes pins in a jar). Is it bad that we cheated to get Payton out? ha ha! I didnt' want her to win a prize. She got a ton of gifts! And with my sister Val, mom and my friend Dawn thrown in we were able to get all the cake and juice out in record time! Highlights for her gifts would have to be "Littlest Pet Shop" from her friend Claire and her Mariposa Barbie. Did I mention that she go 3 Mariposas that day! We were able to return one and I sold the third to my friend Amy to save her a trip to the store for Olivia. So it worked out well. She got "Sleeping Beauty" from my parents and she has watched it several times. I hadn't seen it in YEARS so it was fun to watch it with her! I will have to take a picture of her with some of the dress up clothes she got from my sister Val. She was all dressed up last night and said to me "Mumma, you be the boy and ask me what my name is!" So when I asked she ran off, deliberately dropping one of her "glass slippers". I am thinking that she really loves Cinderella!

3 comments:

Ronni said...

So glad Payton had such a wonderful day! Happy Birthday, Payton. And so glad you had your sisters on hand for back up!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday beautiful girl! And Tina, you are a brave woman. :)

Runner Chick Allison said...

Wow - four years old already! I remember meeting her that first time at your old house in Dracut. Happy Birthday Payton!