Sunday, November 30, 2008

What is going on?

Last night Brian and I encountered a situation with Payton that just blew us away... We spent Thanksgiving in WI with my family and returned last night. Brian and I were busy unpacking and Payton asked if she could color. She got this Tinkerbell coloring set. It has several eraserable markers and pages that you can just wipe off and recolor. She loves it, but we don't want Addie getting her hands on it so we keep it up in Payton's closet and she asks us when she wants to color with it. We set her up at her table and chairs in her bedroom and shut the door so Addie would stay out. I think you all know where this is going...

She opened her door and called for me to come and color with her. I walked into her doorway and noticed some green marker on her green walls... "Why did you do that Payton? You aren't supposed to color on the walls!" She then said "I was drawing a picutre." Simple right... When I grabbed a cloth and got into her room I noticed that there was red and brown marker all over her white chest of drawers (this was my grandparents chest that Brian refinished for Payton's room). "The furniture Payton! You know that it is not okay to draw on the furniture!" At this point Brian came into the room and Payton started to whimper. Then I noticed the blue marker on her curtains... dry clean only blackout curtains... "The curtains too Payton!?" Now the crying started on Payton's side and the questioning started from us. "Where else did you color Payton?" We were SO shocked that she did that we didn't even know what to say to her! Needless to say the markers are now gone for quite some time. She is not happy about that. It did come off of everything. Thank goodness for washable markers! We still have no clue what possessed her to do that.

Then today we ran to the grocery store. We don't always go together (actually we almost never go as a family), but decided what the heck. Lets do it. We were in the bakery area when I heard Payton say "These are so squishy!" She was poking her finger into a bag of rolls... ARGH!

3 comments:

Ronni said...

Oh boy, sounds like it was a real mess! I'm glad it all came clean.

Anonymous said...

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
That is all that I can say....
Welcome to the GOOD TIMES!!!!!
I can't believe it took her this long. Elizabeth thinks it's fun to write her name on everything, her desk, her wall, her purses, her books, her etc etc etc.....

Tina said...

Thanks Nicole! Mental note... when elizabeth comes over leave the bedroom doors OPEN! ha ha