Thursday, March 12, 2009

Addie turns 2! And boy have we been busy!

Okay, so I am a bit behind on the blogging thing. We have been crazy busy around here... Addison turned 2 on February 20th and we celebrated by meeting our families at a hotel in WI. The kids got to swim in the pools and boy did our girls have fun. We had to drag Payton out of the pool! We all had a lot of fun, and the girls did awesome.

Addie had her 2 year pedi appointment and she is still running 85% for height and 93% for weight. He words are starting to pick up. Our favorites are Mummy, Daddy, Paypee (this is what she calls Payton), up-ah (this is how we know she wants to be picked up), and help me. She is still a bundle of energy and we are constantly running after her. She loves to steal toys from Payton (while Payton is playing with them) and proceed to run as fast as she can away from her. Her favorite toys are her My Littly Ponies, her baby dolls and Elmo. And anything she thinks she could climb on she will. This especially includes her Daddy if he lays down on the floor. The girls love that.

Last week both girls were plagued with the stomach bug. Payton started with it first and Addie soon followed. We had 2 days of quarantine and constant cleaning on my part... but Brian and I never got sick. Thank goodness for that!

The past weekend our friends Amy and Mark came down with their kids. Amy and I took Payton and Olivia to Disney on Ice in Minneapolis. It didn't start well with Payton when the first scene had some fire special effects. She cowered in my lap for most of the first act saying "I DON'T like fire!" Then during intermission she says to me "Mumma, I want something to eat. And it looks like a rainbow." Of course she saw the snow cones when we were walking in. So Olivia and Payton endulged in that and wow, were they chatty on the ride home!!!

We also finally bought a Nintendo Wii, which we had been talking about for months. We stayed up way to late with Amy and Mark playing that and then with the time change we were quite pooped by Sunday night! But that time change has worked in our favor with the girls. They have been sleeping later in the morning. Today Payton woke up at 7:45! If only Brian and I could sleep that "late"!

4 comments:

Ronni said...

Disney on ice and the snow cones sound great. "I want something to eat and it looks like a rainbow." Isn't it funny how we're able to figure out exactly what they want?

Congrats to Addie on her second birthday and all the big milestones she's had lately!

BTW, your new template looks awesome! Where'd you get it? My blog needs a facelift for sure!!

Amy said...

Jonah had a fit at dinner last night because Olivia used her new princess cup from her snow cone and he wanted it REALLY BAD! She was very nice and gave it to him after a minute or so of him sobbing... ;) I need to find a boy equivalent for him...

Ronni said...

Um, duh, I just saw the "cutest blog on the block" tag plain as day!

Tina said...

Payton has been carrying that cup around snapping the lid closed... She has it in her room and seems to not remember that she could drink out of it too! If I ever see any cups like that I will snag one for Jonah!

Thanks Ronni! I am still giggling about that rainbow comment. Where do they come up with this stuff!?