Friday, May 15, 2009

Trials of parenting a 2 year old...

So last week Brian and I wanted to get Payton a bigger bike with training wheels, so I got the girls together on Friday and we met Brian at the store after he got off work. I usually have a snack in my purse for Addie to get her to stay with us. We didn't even get to the bikes before I had the snack out and Addie was happy as a clam. Not to last long though... Turns out Addison loves to shop and didn't want to leave. Since Brian and I had 2 cars with us and it was raining we each took a girl and were headed to the doors and it became apparent Addison was going to cause a scene. She runs, screams, writhes etc.... all to avoid leaving the store. I could see Brian wrestling with Addie all the way to his blazer. Payton and I made it into my car and she asked me "Why did Addie have to go with Daddy?" My response was "Because Daddy is stronger than Mumma!"

4 comments:

Ronni said...

Nice! It's surprising how often parenting toddlers comes down to hand to hand combat! We are forced to be benevolent wrestlers.

Tina said...

You said it Ronni! It is amazing how a little body can be SO strong!

Sarah said...

Yes, how can that little body be so strong??? I feel exhausted at the end of the day because of all the physical demands of dealing with an almost 3 year old. The days I go to work are so much easier.

Ronni said...

Belly bump him, Sarah!