Tuesday, June 07, 2005

I'm Back

I got back from MN last night around 10:30...long day! I thought the interview went pretty well. There weren't any technical questions (they did that last time) and I thought I did a decent job with the "Quality Assurance" questions. They explained the job in more detail and I was a little surprised that I would be doing quite a bit of technical troubleshooting...which is a good thing. I thought that I might have to leave the technical world behind to some degree. There is a little bit of travel involved, but not too much. A good way to rack up frequent flyer miles to take the family on vacation. All in all I think it is a good job at a good company in a good location. I'll be sure to let everyone know what their decision is.

6 comments:

Dave said...

hope it goes well-job interviews always suck (just as much as the 'not hearing anything' part which follows for a couple of days. They must have liked something about you if they had you come out for another job, though. Just a question-do they pay for your ticket and hotel, or do you have to pick that up? School districts don't pay for that sort of thing, so I was just wondering.

Brian said...

They pay for everything. Good thing too since the plane ticket was over $1000! All of the companies I have interviewed with have picked up the tab...airfare, hotel, rental car...from college to now. I guess its just one of the perks of being an engineer. :)

Dave said...

Interesting . . . I wish I could do that! When I came down to Vegas for my interviews, it was on my own dime. Rodge just blogged about this, and said business travel kinda sucks. I wouldn't mind a trip at least once, though.

Scott said...

Come to MN - it's nice here! Although I will formally have to refer to you as a citiot (an idiot by virture of living in the cities).

Dave said...

'citiot' Ha ha!! Nice (I guess with all that fresh air and nothing to do up there . . . ;)

Scott said...

at least we have fresh air!!!