Thursday, August 25, 2005

Updates from Owatonna!

Well, the last week has been full of family and friends visiting. Both my sisters were here with their families. And our good friends David and Lisa Jurvelin stopped by. We had a great weekend with everyone. Our neice and nephews had a ball with Payton, although Jacob (8 weeks) probably would have like his distance! ha ha It really became clear to me over the last week that this is why we moved back to the Midwest. To have a house full of friends and family for no particular reason other than to have fun. And that we did!

My parents finally sold their house on Tuesday. I am sorta glad that I didn't see it totally empty. I know that mom and dad were just anxious to have it all over at the end, but it was bittersweet for them. A lot of memories there. It is wierd to think of other people living there! They can't start building their house for a few months, so they will be doing a lot of visiting us kids!

We went to a local daycare last night. They were having an open house and we got a tour and talked with the executive director. It seems like a great place for Payton. Once she is in she will probably be there 2 days a week or so. She is now on a waiting list, which is okay because I am not working yet. She has an appointment with her new pediatrician next week. We really loved her last doctor, so hopefully we will love this new one as well.

It is finally coming together around here. We now feel like we are home, not just on a wierd vacation...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great time with everyone visiting! I'm glad your parents were able to sell their house - last time I talked to them they were so excited about their new build! We still are seeing no action on our house, but we're willing to stick it out and wait until it sells at the price we want... we'll re-evaluate next summer, of course.

Sounds like you found a nice daycare too - that will make the transition easier for both of you. Hope to see some more pictures soon!