That was a crazy game! I'm sure anyone who's interested either saw the game or has read about it. The final 5 minutes were a combination of some unlikely events that kept the Colts in the game. The Bettis fumble at the 2 and Manning's overturned interception and the missed field goal are getting all the press today. What I'm interested in happened with about 11 minutes left in the game...an apparent false start by the Steelers on 4th down that had players on both teams jumping up and down and crossing the line of scrimmage. The refs stopped play without throwing a flag, had a conference, then said that there were no penalties on either team! Replays showed that there was a false start but it was missed by the refs. They apparently didn't know what was going on so they did a "do over". The Steelers converted the 4th down and ran a bunch more time off the clock. I think that missed call really hurt the Colt's chances for a comeback since there wasn't much time left. I wanted the Colts to win originally, but they were outplayed by the Steelers, so the best team won.
1 comment:
Good call, Stew! I was watching the game, too (nothing else on, and we don't have cable) - that was a WEIRD play! I can't believe they didn't call something! With all the attention focused on the craziness of the last few minutes, that play right there has been totally overlooked!
Post a Comment