Saturday, January 28, 2006

Thank goodness that is over...

I took my classes and received my certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support this week. Even though I am working at a clinic, it is not attached to our hospital here in Owatonna and in our department we give some pretty nasty medications (chemo) so we have to have out own code team. (aka. the RNs in my department and our internal medicine docs) So they sent me to Rochester to take the classes. Our clinic is part of Mayo Clinic so I had to go take it with other Mayo staff. I was super stressed about it. Not only did I have no clue where I was going (the Mayo Clinic is HUGE) I spent 2 days in class then a pracital evaluation with instructors and a written test and a cardiac monitor rhythm test. All in all is wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be and I did well. I am just SO glad that it is over with!!! Now I have 2 years before I have to do it again:)

No comments: