Monday, May 01, 2006

Soggy Weekend

We had a total washout this weekend! It has been raining for 3 days... Tomorrow is supposed to be better.

Although the weather was rotten we were able to have a good weekend. Brian's birthday was Saturday and we had a babysitter and went out to dinner and a movie. We helped a friend of mine move into her new house and tried our best to entertain Payton knowing that she would have loved to be outside... This coming weekend hopefully will be better weather wise and we can start our landscaping in the front of the house.

I am going to be starting a quilting class with some friends from work. One of our co-workers works at a quilt shop on Saturdays and she is going to do the class for us. We had a ball at the quilt shop on Saturday picking our fabrics. We are all doing the same pattern, but we all are choosing our own color schemes. How overwhelming all that fabric is! I started a quilt a few years ago now and hopefully this will get me going to start working on it again! I am looking forward to it!

Happy Monday!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow, a quilting class. Maybe I should take one of those. I have absolutely no idea how to make a quilt. Sounds like it will be fun for you!!

And happy belated birthday, Brian!

Tina said...

I used to "help" my grandma with her quilts when I was younger. It is a great project and the product is super useful! I have a new sewing machine that I have barely used, so I am looking forward to figuring out everything that it can do!

Runner Chick Allison said...

I've been toying with the idea of picking up sewing - to make curtains and things around the house. But haven't done it yet :) Too bad about the rain - we had a weekend like that last week.
Allison

Sarah said...

There are a couple of special sewing feet (I assume that is what they would be called) that are super helpful for quilting and not that expensive. I would recommend them. One is a foot that automatically sets a 1/4-inch seam allowance, which is what most quilts use. It makes keeping things straight way helpful! It is also not expensive. Maybe $15. Ask at the sewing store. It is worth its weight! I wouldn't do a quilt without one. There are also a few others but I don't use them as often.
Good luck with the quilt! Post pictures!

Tina said...

We all are having the 1/4 inch foot put on our machines. My friend that is doing this class for us hooked us up. She also said that this foot is the one thing that she would not be without. We are hopefully going to be started within the next 2 weeks. I will post photos of my progress! The quilt we are starting with is called the "yellow brick road". A great one to start with.