Last week I brought Payton to have a repeat blood test. They had to stick her in the arm this time, and I was anticipating the scream fest that we had last year. But that little munchkin didn't make a peep. She didn't move or make a sound. Good girl!! I was impressed, considering two of us were holding her down and a third was sticking her. The doctor's office called to tell us that her bloodwork is consistent with iron defiency anemia. Looks like we are probably in for the long hall with replacement iron...
Well, for those of you that I haven't talked to I have officially "popped" a big belly. By the time I leave work I can barely get into the car I am in so much pain. That isn't easy when I have to go and pick up a toddler who almost knocks me over when I get to daycare! By the end of the day I am pretty much done. Last week Payton was playing with her blocks on the living room floor and I couldn't even sit down on the floor to play with her. If I do make it down, I can't get back up. And I still have 3 months left! I went to the doctor today and my BP is still doing great 110/70, baby heartbeat is 140. Now I would SWEAR that I have gained 20 pounds in the past month with the pain and pressure I have been having. Turns out I have only gained 2 pounds. My doctor checked me out and the good news is that everything is looking normal. So I am back to see him in 3 weeks for my glucose challenge test. Such fun...
Well, as for the other sad partner in the Steward house... Brian broke one of his toes on Saturday. I have seen some sick things, but that little toe hanging off his foot sideways was totally disgusting! We thought it was just dislocated, but after I attempted to "put it back" (I still can't believe he wanted me to do that!) and it was still dangling there we made a trip to the ER so the doctor could pop it back in place. Well, it wasn't dislocated, just broke completely in half. So now he is sporting a fancy (by fancy I mean hideous:)) new shoe and he is all taped up. We are a sorry bunch, poor Payton has a couple of gimps for parents right now!
The Cave
9 years ago
7 comments:
so, how did the broken toe happen? we want the story!!!
OMG, poor Brian!! :( That made me shudder! And Payton is so brave! I'm impressed!
Oh, and the pain/pressure... I swear it's so different with the second pregnancy. It was so much worse with Jillian, and I actually gained less weight with her.
...so, did he scream like a little...well, I guess I can't say that since she didn't scream! Bottom line - who is tougher - Payton or Brian?
...seriously, how did that happen? Your description gave me the nastiest metal picutre. Eeeeeww!
Well, Brian did not scream. He did use some major profanity though! I won't divulge the details of how it happened. I will leave that to Brian, but it was absolutely disgusting. And the picture in your head is probably pretty darn close to how it looked! It looks pretty normal now, although he is still bruised.
I was in a hurry and caught my foot on a chair. I felt a little pop and it hurt like hell. I knew it was bad and didn't look at it initially. When I finally looked at my foot, my pinkey toe was sticking out 90 degrees. I still had my sock on so it looked really weird. We tried to line it back up in hopes it was just dislocated, but it wouldn't stay. Off to the emergency room and that was that. It's feeling much better now and is lined up normally. It should be completely healed in a month.
Man, I can't believe you sat on a quality story like that for so long! Thanks!
Jurv (Dave, not David!)
Post a Comment