Payton turned 2 on Friday. I can't believe she is 2 already! Time goes too fast! I took her to her 2 year well child check-up on Friday and she was SO good. She had a flu shot and Hep A vaccine and didn't even cry. She let Dr. Katy examine her and didn't make things difficult. The pediatrician puts flouride on her patients teeth every 3-6 months so Payton had that done as well. Again, she did great. We then had to go to the lab so she could get a hemoglobin and lead level drawn. Last year she screamed when we did this. This time she actually laughed and held her other hand up to the tech once the bandaid was on. She wanted to do it again! Crazy girl. Last year Payton had a low hemoglobin and we had to go back for a few more blood draws (they took us into the back room to hold her down:( and she took iron drops for 3 months. This year she eats well and is crazy about meat so I thought we would be great. Well, the nurse called and her hgb is even lower this year at 10.2 (last year she was 11.5 I think...). So we are back on iron drops and have to go back later this week and then in a month for more blood work. I shouldn't be surprised, I have had anemia problems all my life. I was hoping that Payton wouldn't have that trouble, but it looks like she will. I just hate those iron drops, they smell like a rusty pipe and they can stain her teeth. She isn't too thrilled with them either. Oh, well. We will just have to deal with it... Oh, her stats are: weight 25 pounds 11 ounces (30 percentile), lenght 33.5 inches long (45 percentile).
My parents and my older sister Nicole and her family came for the weekend. We had the usual cake and presents. Payton got a new kitchen from us and Val and Nick. She LOVES that thing! We put it in her bedroom and she actually played in her bedroom all weekend long! She also go a few new baby dolls. Aunt Nicole and Uncle Jason gave her one that cries and laughs. So she is always saying "baby crying momma". Guess we will have to get used to that! Nicole and Jason are her Godparents and they also have her a Precious Moments 2 years figurine. It us just beautiful. She got a ton of new clothes too. Those toddler girl clothes have got to the be the cutest ever:)
She is getting SO good with her words. Although Grandma and Grandpa are "yammy" and "Papa"! She was standing on her chair at breakfast this weekend (she rejected her booster seat) yelling "WANT MORE SAUSAGE"! So cute:)
The Cave
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment