Thursday, October 30, 2008

Certified Reliability Engineer

I studied for the better part of a month and every night for the last week. Plus I had taken several classes over the last 3 years. All that for the ASQ CRE(American Society for Quality Certified Reliability Engineer) exam. The test was 4 hours and 150 multiple choice questions (open book, fortunately). I had taken several practice exams and had passing scores, but there wasn't much margin. So I knew it could go either way. Well it went the way I hoped...I passed! I spoke with the proctor after the exam and he thought the CRE was the toughest exam ASQ offers. There are quite a few statistical calculations to do but not a lot of time to do them. Perhaps there are more ASQ certifications in my future such as the Certified Quality Engineer, but I'm not ready to commit to anything just yet.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Congrats Brian! And Tina - now Brian can do bedtime again... :)

Tina said...

You said it Aim! We are happy that crazy studying time paid off! And to think Brian was worried!