Well yesterday started with our 30 minute drive to our pediatrician. We actually made it on time and Payton didn't have to go potty when we got there! Payton weighed in at 34 pounds (40%) and she is 39 1/4 inches tall (50%). So that is nothing new! Then I find out that they are doing the kindergarten shots at age four, plus I wanted her to get a flu shot... a whopping 5 shots! The good news was that our pedi did not want to have Payton go to the lab. We are just going to up the vitamin to a whole on every morning now that she is 4. She really likes her vitamins so that is good. Anyway both the girls have been suffereing with a cold/cough. Payton does have an ear infection to boot. Addie was clear lungs and ears (finally!). So after the exam in came the nurse with all 5 shots for Payton and Addie's flu shot. We started with Addie, who just gave a little whimper. Then came the thrashing and screaming of Payton. She climbed right up on the exam table and sat patiently. Then we held her down and after the first one she screams "I don't want another poke Mumma! Tell her I don't want another one!" She just screamed. After all our lab draws and shot in the past this one was by far the worst. I almost cried with her. She cried the whole way to the pharmacy and then whimpered most of the day, "I want my Daddy!". So sad. She was just pooped last night. I am SO glad that it is over and now, other than her flu shot, she will not need any vaccines until she is in middle school! Thank goodness for that. She is not likely to forget this one!
1 comment:
Poor thing !!! Fortunately she'll have her party to look forward to tomorrow. Wish we could be there this weekend instead of next.
Post a Comment