Sunday, May 23, 2010

Work...

I finished my first 2 weeks on the new job. I am not a fan of going in to work every day! Haven't done that since I orientated at my last job. It all went well though, and I am finally on my unit and starting to get more comfortable. It takes me twice as long to get my charting done though. I am hoping that I will get more efficient with their electronic medical record sooner rather than later. And i will be asking where supplies are for months! In July the hospital is opening a new building and all the patient care units are moving in. So at least we will all be back to square one then:)

I am enjoying it so far. This week I am starting on 12 hour shifts with my preceptor. Thankfully I really like her, and she is great at showing my the processes that I need to know. I will be working probably 4 more weeks or so with her (2 shifts a week) and then I will be on my on-call status. Then I will be able to look online at the schedules and pick and choose which days I would like to work. Brian and I REALLY hope that this works and I will be able to get the hours I need. You really can't beat working when you want! Right now they have a few open positions so I am told I can pick up a lot if I want too! Sounds good to me. I have to help pay for that house;)

No comments: