Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Big Girl Bikes!



We were on the hunt for a bigger bike for Addison (sadly she was riding around on her tricycle!). When we were looking and actually had Addison stand next to the "measurements" we realized that she needed a bike the size Payton had and Payton should be upgraded too. So we ended up getting Payton a bigger bike and Addie inherited Payton's bike. We got some new streamers, and a new helmet for Addie and we were off. Last night we were at Nicole's and all the kids were out. We officially have a little biker gang:) SO cute! Addie LOVES that bike and took off right away. Payton loved the smaller bike so she is a bit more cautious. But, that is her personality:)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Ian totally needs a bigger bike also, but David wants to take the training wheels off already so I want to wait until the end of the summer. At the bike shop that actually said Ian needed a 20 inch bike! he is still on the 12 inch. He really loves it though, so we just raised the seat and handlebars to the max until the end of the summer. Maybe a new bike for next year with no training wheels. We will have to see how he handles the whole thing. There are great ideas online for teaching kids to ride w/o training wheels, either way I told David I dont want to be there. Just let me know when it is done.

Tina said...

I hear you on that one. They told us that Payton needed a 18 inch bike. Addison on a 16 inch. We have a tag-a-long that Payton loves this year. We are hoping that she will get used to the sway of that bike behind Brian and that may help when she decides she wants the training wheels off her bike! Staying with a smaller bike to get of the trainers is a good thing. The new bike we got for P is sorta a trick bike. I can totally see Addie standing on "pegs" on the wheels while P rides them around! I am guessing with the newer bigger bike that Payton will be on the trainers a bit longer! Her new bike will hopefully last through next summer before she outgrows it!