Wednesday night was an old reminder of the first month of Payton's life. She was up all night long SCREAMING! Brian and I tried to take turns with her (we both had to work in the morning) , but when we realized that this wasn't the "normal" crying of Payton we knew that one of us wasn't going to be going to work. Turns out is was me... I am still orienting to by new job thankfully and my boss was very clear that it wasn't a big deal if something came up and I couldn't come in (she actually used Payton being sick as an example). So I was up until about 2am with her. We couldn't put her down at all. She did finally sleep a few hours.
I called her doctor in the morning and we had an appointment in the afternoon. We pretty much suspected that it was an ear infection in the right ear. She was tugging on it pretty good yesterday and she did develop a cold a few days ago. She hates that runny nose! She does have an ear infection in both sides. The doctor actually said that the left side was worse than the right. So we are doing baby motrin and amoxicillin. Good thing she takes medication well. Last night she slept well, but woke up about an hour and half earlier than normal. I am sure those ears were hurting!
Tonight Brian and I are going to a huge bonfire/party that one of his co-workers does every year. Jeannine (we love you!) is coming over to watch little Payton. Hopefully Payton will be back to normal by tonight. She is doing much better this morning than yesterday, but she is still a little whiny! She will probably be getting a lot of TLC tonight from the babysitter!
Oh, we bought Payton her first halloween costume. She is going to be the cutest jack-o-lantern on the block!
The Cave
9 years ago
5 comments:
Thanks for letting me come over and hang out with Payton. It was nice to have a girls night!
Poor Payton... I hope she's feeling better already. Hope you guys had a fun night out and are making some new friends...
We had a good time at the bonfire! It was about 30-40 feet in diameter and about 15 feet high, and was before they lit it! But Payton did well with Jeannine and she is doing MUCH better. she is pretty much back to her cute little self! And Jeannine, good job on the diaper, no leaks:)
Wow - that is quite a bonfire! Glad Payton is doing better. I laminated two of the wallets of Payton you sent awhile ago for Liv to have and she loves them. I run her through all her "friends" and she says their names. She says Payton jsut perfectly - it's so cute!
What a great idea Aim! I am going to get her 12 month taken hopefully in the next week or so. So expect more soon!
Post a Comment