As you all know I have recently started working at a local Emergency Room. I have been there about 5 weeks or so. I have been seeing a doing a lot of new things, which is really good, but I am really not that happy. A couple of weeks ago I had a patient situation that was VERY difficult and I wanted to quit! I have been having a hard time with certain aspects of the job (I won't go into the details) and I am beginning to question if I can really do it. The great thing is that they are paying for me to get certain certifications that are very useful, and it is AWESOME experience. And it may be SO easy to ease into a Per Diem job. So much to think about, that and I don't have any other offers on the table.
Then... last Friday I got a call from the Owatonna Clinic (they had called me when I first started looking for a job, but they wanted a nursing supervisor full time. NOT FOR ME!). I had a phone interview about 6 weeks ago just in case something came up that they thought I may be a good fit for. Well, they now have 2 openings for RNs in their infusion therapy department! They are only open 8-5 Monday through Friday with no weekends or holidays! They do outpatient chemo and IV therapies. HELLO, HIRE ME! I love that stuff! I have an official interview tomorrow. I could work 2-3 days a week and be home every night, every weekend and every holiday. Payton is already in a great daycare so that isn't even an issue. I hope I don't screw it up! Wish me luck...
Oh, Payton is doing great. She is still fighting the sippy cup though... Any ideas moms out there?
The Cave
8 years ago
6 comments:
Good luck on the interview Teen! You'll do great! That would be a great position to get into - you'd never get stuck with any bad shifts!
On the sippy cup - I'm sure you already tried giving her juice in it?
Good luck Tina you will do great! Have you tried putting booze in the sippy cup....can you tell I don't have kids? Just kidding. I can't wait for girls night!
Nice idea Jeannine! ha ha... We have tried a lot of things she will just sip on it and finally whine and stop all together. She did actually drink 2 ounces tonight. Maybe we are getting somewhere...
Hey Tina -
good luck with the job! Things happen for a reason - I'm actually going back to AEPhi as the Assistant Exec Director in two weeks - the office moved to Danbury - so no more hour commute for me!
Allison
That is great news Allison! I don't know how you did that commute. Another great thing about this possible new job is that it is right here in town. My current job takes me 30 minutes, in good weather. Which is about to become a lot different with the MN winters!
Great idea Lori! I will try that one at lunch time!
Post a Comment