Wednesday, November 30, 2005

New Job!

I was officially offered the position that I recently interviewed for yesterday! Although the pay isn't as nice as the hospital, the clinic hours are unbeatable!!! They are open 8-5 Monday through Friday. I will be working in infusion therapy 5 days every 2 weeks. Payton's daycare has room for her so she will be happy to stay put! I start in December 12. The first couple of weeks I will be full time just to get all the general oreintation over with. Unfortunately I had to quit my ER job. I felt good about taking the new job (Brian and I talked about it a lot because Payton will be in daycare more and I will be making less money per hour) but I really had a great manager at the hospital and I hated to let her down! She was understanding and knew that I needed to do what is best for my family! So we won't have any more scheduling conflicts over weekends when Brian is out of town! I am really looking forward to starting!

My parents are coming down this weekend to stay with Payton and I. They initially were going to babysit for us, but since I quit yesterday(I didn't have to give them 2 weeks because officially I was still orienting) I don't have to work this weekend! They are coming anyway because I am going to be lonely! Brian leaves for Malaysia for work on Friday and he will be gone about 9 days! Jeannine I am still counting on our slumber party:) It will be an interesting trip, and I am sure Brian will Blog all about it!

We have our Christmas tree up and all our decorations! I love this time of year! Minnesota is cold, but we don't get too much snow!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Congrats on the new job!

I'm looking forward to getting our Christmas tree and decorations up this weekend. I love this time of year, too!

Tina said...

Well, Lisa, we have had our tree up for 2 days, and Payton hasn't even really noticed it! I am sure that won't last long!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! We will celebrate during our slumber party.....Don't get to confident about "not having too much snow". Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Teen! That is so great!

Have a great trip to Malaysia, Brian! I'm sure it will be quite the experience... :)