Its just after 8:00pm central time on Friday 12/2. My first flight left this morning after 10:00am...there were delays. I was supposed to leave at 9:30. Fortunately they held the connection to Tokyo in Portland. I don't imagine there are too many flights availabel if I was to miss it. I am currently at 38881 feet traveling at a ground speed of 536 mph with 2920 miles traveled and 2032 miles to go...about 4 more hours. I know this because this is a fairly new plane (Airbus A330-200) that has an interactive screen on each seat so I can get up to the minute stats on the flight.
The total flight time to Tokyo is somewhere around 10 hours. There's a brief layover then another 7 hours to Singapore...same plane, same seat. The on demand movies have helped pass the time nicely. I watched "Wallace and Gromet: Curse of the Were-Rabbit" and "The Dukes of Hazard". "Dukes" was alright, but a bit off the mark if trying to be like the tv show. I thoroughly enjoyed "Were-Rabbit" and would recommend it to people of all ages. It was a very clever movie with some great animation. The meal on the plane was quite good...chicken with redskin potatoes and green beans. It also came with shrimp cocktail, chocolate cake, and wine. They also came by with ice cream sandwiches not too long ago. The treatment isn't too bad on these international flights.
The flight isn't all that full so I dont' have anybody sitting next to me. I can get more comfortable by resting against the window and stretching across the seat next to me. I think I'm going to try and get some rest now so that I'm not a total zombie when I finally get to Malaysia. They are 14 hours ahead so it might be a difficult adjustment.
The Cave
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment