12/10/2005 6:00 pm CST
Here I am at 38000 feet again between Singapore and Tokyo. I'm in the exact same seat I was in last week. This flight is quite full so I have someone next to me. That's no big deal because I'm not planning on sleeping anyway. I've got to try and get back on central time.
The flight from Malaysia to Singapore was on a 777 and now I'm on an A330 again. These planes are very similar in size and capacity but there are several difference. The most obvious is the seating configuration. The 777 has 3-3-3 for 9 total across while the A330 has 2-4-2 for 8 across. Not a big deal just one more middle seat on the 777. Here's where the differences are really noticed...the seat comfort. The A330 does not have very comfortable seats. They sit very upright and don't recline as nicely as the 777. The 777 also has better legroom. Now this may be specific to whichever airline you happen to be on, but on Singapore Air, the 777 has much better legroom than on a Northwest A330. I could stretch my legs straight out on the 777 without a problem. I can't do that on the A330...my shins hit the bottom of the seat in front of me. On top of that, the control equipment for the interactive video is under each seat further reducing legroom. I didn't notice where the equipment on the 777 was located, but it wasn't under my seat. I just thought I'd mention this to anyone thinking of buying a jet and starting their own airline.
1 comment:
That IS some important information! Keep it coming! (Isn't it amazing what you'll find to do when you're that bored??) Didn't you have any good movies to watch??
Post a Comment