We worked all weekend on landscaping the front yard. Got most of it done too! We pulled up the grass, which was the hardest part, put edging in and planted 10 plants. We'll have to get a load of landscaping rock to put in the beds, but that won't happen until next wekend. This weekend we're heading to Milwaukee for Mother's day to visit my Grandmother and my parents. I was able to plant a tree last night before the rains came. Its a Discovery Elm, which is disease resistant, grows quickly and is pretty hardy. Its probably close to 10 feet tall right now but rather spindly. We need it mostly to shade the deck in the late afternoon/early evening, but it'll be a few years before it gets big enough. The city is also planting trees along the street so by the time I get home tonight there should be a tree out front. We will work on the rest of the yard a little at a time from now on...need to plant more plants around the house and more trees out back. The patio might be the last big project for outside this year although I would like to get a few plants in around the deck. I'll get some pictures up when I get a chance.
1 comment:
Thats great guys! Working in the yard all weekend ourselves I can relate to all the work you did. It takes time. We need to get a couple trees too - but I have an anniversay coming up - bet I'll get a tree :)
Post a Comment