Thursday, June 22, 2006

Hard at work...

We have been busy around here lately. Over the weekend we were able to get a little more landscaping done on the east side of the house. Brian really wanted to get the landscaping in around the air conditioner and the gas meter to cut down the amount of hand trimming he has to do. We did manage to get that done and planted a miss kim lilac bush and an evergreen shrub. It turned out great. On Sunday I decided that it was time to start painting the kitchen. The white was starting to get old. I finished about 2/3 of it now. It is a really nice warm brown/gray color. It looks great with the 2 red walls in there. It is funny how a coat of paint (or in our case 2-3 coats) can really change a room!

Payton has decided that 5am is a good time to start waking up. Yesterday Brian actually just took his pillow and laid down next to her crib and she did lay back down. Today she actually slept until 7am. That was HUGE! The early sunrises are not making it easy for her to go back to sleep!

Last night we were working on getting Payton to say her name. Right now she says Paytee. Super cute I know, but when we asked her if she could say Payton she just nods her head. I wasn't sure if she was just nodding for the fun of it, so I asked her if she could say alligator. Now mind you that alligator really is not a work we say around here and we have never heard her attempt it. She didn't nod, but said actually said alligator. Or something very close to it!

No comments: