Thursday, June 08, 2006

Please be good....

Today we are leaving for a weekend with Brian's family at Mackinac Island, MI. We are stopping to see my sister Nicole on the way there and my sister Val on the way back. Just to break up the 10 hour drive. Last time we took Payton on a road trip it was to Milwaukee for Mother's day to visit Brian's grandma. She was an angel! I am thinking that we really lucked out that weekend. She wants to be so independent, which is great, but very frustrating. Like when we are in a parking lot walking to the car and she wants to "push" the cart amongst the traffic. Mind you it is a full size cart and she doesn't even reach the handle yet. Yesterday I tried to take that job over and she looked at me like "what you you doing mama, I've got it!" Or when we are in the library and she thinks she is so funny to run around laughing as I try to quickly pick out some books and videos for her. Then she throws herself down on her butt so we won't leave. She seems to love the library! It is funny now, but I will say that yesterday she was on my last nerve! Especially as I was scrubbing spaghetti sauce out of my dining chair cushions... why didn't they have that same style table without the cushions?!

She redeems herself quick though. I took her out of her chair and she reached up, gave me a big hug and said "hi" with the biggest smile you have ever seen. She knows how to work mama...

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Payton sounds a lot like Julianna! :)

Anonymous said...

We love Mackinac Island! We had so much fun with you guys there last time. We want to go back. Where are you staying? Too bad we can't meet you there. I am sure David would be all over that.

Dave said...

With all the driving we did last summer, we lucked out, too. The in-car DVD player was a total life (and trip) saver!

Tina said...

We actually stayed at the Grand Hotel. We had such a great time! We thought of you Sarah... we wish you were there with us. We know you have bigger things going on, like growing a baby:)