Monday, January 22, 2007

Getting organized...

Okay, so the ONLY thing that I don't like about Owatonna is that the nearest mall is about 40 minutes away. It actually isn't a bad thing, but if you need to do some specific shopping it does require a plan. Usually we can find everything we need here in town. But there was a few things that we needed to pick up for the baby before she arrives and I had already researched everything we needed. So we headed up towards the cities to go to Babies R Us. I have to say I was pretty happy when we walked in there, I knew that we could get all our shopping done in one place and then some! So we got a Bundle Me Lite (it is a lighter version to fit on her car seat to protect against wind, rain and the elements essentially), diaper bag (of course I didn't want to use the same one as with Payton, and that one was showing some wear), memory box, hangers, and Payton picked out the cutest plush ladybug for her. We do want to still get an Ocean Wonders Aquarium for her crib. Payton uses hers EVERY day (you may have noticed that it is hanging on her toddler bed), so there is NO way she will let us take that one! We really want the older version, the reviews I have read about the newer version aren't as great. So I may need to order that online. We have only seen the newer version in the stores. Any of you out there with the newer version? Likes or dislikes? Other than that, which can wait for a while, we have everything we need. Or so we think!

Brian and I did an overhaul on our storage room over the weekend. It was surprising how much space you have when things are actually more organized! Brian had made several shelves last year, but we were finally able to consolidate things and organize it all. It looks so nice! I have begun the tedious task of washing everything we had to bring up for the storage room (bouncy, swing, infant seat, toys, bottles, bedding, tub, pack n play.....). Payton is having too much fun playing with all that stuff. I found her reclining in the infant seat the other day, and once she saw her old bottles she hasn't given them back!

Yesterday we got an under the cabinet drop screen TV/DVD for the kitchen. Since we have moved our big TV into the family room we have our smaller TV in a different location in the living room and you can't see it from the kitchen. I know, this is a huge problem:) Actually we just want to be able to watch the news in the morning instead of Payton's favorites. And since the stereo went with the big TV we haven't had a radio or anything upstairs. I am not ready to commit to another stereo just yet, although Brian would probably love too. So now we are all set! Brian just has to run cable up and it is a done deal.

Well, I am thinking that Payton is unusually hungry this morning. She has eaten a piece of toast with jelly, a piece of banana bread, and she just asked for a "bar" (nutrigrain bar). I finally gave her one because she would not let it go... she just brought me her napkin, empty. I can't believe she actually ate all of that! She usually eats half of that, or less! Lunch will probably not go too well, if I know her!

No comments: