Monday, April 23, 2007

"Payton come here... Is your eye red?"

When we got up on Friday this is the first thing I said to Payton once she was in the bright daylight... "NO it's pink" is what she said to me! She is too much! So pinkeye is back at our house. We still have drops from last month so we started them again. This time around she is really fighting them though... Addison's eyes have been "goopy" for a week or so, but she still is fighting the stuffy nose so I think that is why her eye is goopy sometimes. It isn't red at all. We go in tomorrow for her 2 month visit, and I really want to get the doctor's take on her having a cold/stuffy nose for about a month...

Payton's bedtime routine is FINALLY back to normal. Take her iron supplement, brush teeth, kiss everyone, ready 4 books, rock for about 3 minutes then to bed. She goes without a fight as long as we leave the lamp in her room on. Brian just hates that, but we shut if off when we go to bed and she doesn't even notice. She does get up at around 6:30 am though. But I would rather that then the fight at bedtime.

Addison is doing very well in her own room. And I will say that even if she has a tough night I really don't mind running in and our of our bedroom. I find myself feeling less tired when I am up with her because I do have to hop out of bed to get her. She loves her new aquarium on her crib and we do have a little light/music thing from her pack and play that fits on her crib rail so that we can turn on the little nightlight for her. It shuts off after several minutes, usually she is already asleep. I only have 3 more weeks of leave left, and I must say I am looking forward to getting back to work. I miss my co-workers and my patients...

So our Netflix this weekend was "Casino Royale". We were a little disappointed. I did like Daniel Craig as 007 though! We are off to MI this week to see Brian's sister and visit with Amy and Mark and celebrate there son's baptism. We will actually be gone a week with drive time. We haven't spent more than a couple of hours with Amy and Mark in a couple of years, so it is going to be SO nice!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Sorry to hear about the pink eye =(
Ian was getting up earlier and earlier as the sun was changing. I put some blackout fabric on his window and he is back to sleeping to 7-730 ish. It might help.

Tina said...

We actually do have blackout curtains on her window and they do help some. The problem lies in the arch window that is over them... We have tossed the idea around about getting blinds to cover them, but it is so expensive. And honestly I think that she would get up either way. This morning she wanted to get up at 5:30 and it was still dark out!