Addison is almost 7 weeks old now and eating and pooping like a champ! Not much else goes on in her life. Other than the million kisses a day that big sister, Momma, and Daddy give her!
Brian is super busy at work, playing tennis every Wednesday night (great for him, but not as fun for me... bedtime isn't the easiest yet with both girls...), and planning all the jobs he is going to do once it gets warmer. He is planning a swing set for the girls, a little more landscaping, painting and all the other odd jobs he can find! We had a fireplace put in our family room downstairs a couple of weeks ago and he has been doing the finish on our mantel this weekend. When it is completely done we will post photos.
Payton has been singing and counting like crazy lately. Her favorite songs (that she can sing herself) are Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, ABCs, and Row Row Row your boat. It is fun for us to see the motions she does to them that she learned at school. I had a conference with her teacher and she told me that Payton is doing just awesome with her colors, she has a great easy going attitude and the potty training is going well. She has started to wake up from naps dry and both here and at daycare she is going on the potty daily. She is wearing pull-ups now that she will only put on if she picks it out herself... we have to keep them in a tub in her closet so she can dig through them. Mind you the only difference is that there are 2 different pictures... She will use up all of one of the pictures before we can put the other one on her... What that is about is anyone's guess...
As for me, I had my 6 week post partum visit last week. I am feeling super, so my days of playing the recovering part are over! I have lost the 3 pounds I gained with Addison plus 21 more. That is wierd! My doctor and I talked about the CF scare we had with Addison and he convinced me to have the blood test to see if I am the carrier. So when I bring Addison for her 2 month checkup (her pedi as well as my OB are 30 minutes away) I will have it done. I was so grateful that he gave me his take on it. I really value and trust his opinion. So if I am negative that means it is Brian's side, if I am positive (meaning that I am a CF carrier) then Brian will be tested too. If we are both carriers we are most definetly done having kids. The info will be helpful for my sister Val too, she hasn't started having kids yet. I have stopped in at work to see everyone a couple of times and 2 of my co=workers have quit. One is going to be working for a couple of months longer (she is moving and has to sell her house) and I am SO sad about that. She is a great friend to me and she is my sanity at work. We are the same type of nurse and that makes it super easy to work with her. I knew she and her husband were thinking of moving so it wasn't a huge surprise to me. The other nurse was actually on a "probation", meaning she was on a workplan to improve her performance and she was not doing well. And she has been calling in sick a lot lately. Our boss met with her to suspend her when she quit, effective immediately. This isn't a bad thing because she was wasn't pulling her own weight at work... But when there are only 4 of you doing your job and you lose 2 that is HUGE. And I am out until the middle of May... It will be interesting when I get back!
The Cave
9 years ago
2 comments:
Hey - Tennis is great! I play about four times a week - but it helps to have a husband who works at a tennis club...
huh...huh...you said poop!
Post a Comment