So our Addison has had a little cold and cough for several days. She was restless at night, but normal as always during the day. Over the weekend we noticed that at night she was started to sound congested, but quickly cleared when she was up and around. Monday night she was very restless and we were up a lot, no fever, and once morning came she was the same old Addie. Tuesday her teacher said she was coughing a lot (she hadn't been coughing much at all during the day, only at night), and last night she was coughing and crying all night, still no fever. In the middle of the night Brian and I decided that she needed to go to the doctor today. We were going to go to the lab to have her blood drawn anyway, so I brought her in this morning. When we got there she was crabby, and you could hear her wheezing. So after the lab and a chest x-ray we had our answer. She has pneumonia on both sides. Her pediatrician showed me her x-rays and her lungs are just scattered with fluid. So we are on an antibiotic and nebulizers for the next few days and we will go back in a week to be sure she is getting better. She got a neb in the office and it did make a difference. She won't nap well today. I feel so bad for her, she sounds terrible. Her doctor told me that we caught it early enough that we should see a difference in the next day or two...
9 comments:
Jonah just got over pneumonia - it snuck up on us too. He went from a tiny little cough to 105.6 fever in about 4 hours... I was pretty freaked out. And Olivia is on her second run of antibiotic for a nasty ear infection where she lost her hearing in the one ear for a bit. I love winter!
Well, right now Payton is healthy. Knock on wood..... Hopefully this antibiotic works for Olivia. We tried 4 different ones this winter for Addison's ears... Z-pak is the one that worked... That is what we started today!
I am glad that Jonah is better, poor guy!
I hope it knocks out her pneumonia quickly so you can all get some rest. :)
Hope you guys all get better soon. Hopefully spring will get here soon. We could all use it.
Poor Addison! I hope she recovers soon and everyone is able to get some sleep.
The nebulizer stinks! We own one now because of Ian's RSV... I hope to never have to use it again!
We are using the neb about 3 times a day, but Addison is SO tolerant of it. She just sits on our lap and plays with toys. She has been really good with it. I will say that after about 5 minutes though she wants to grab it and shake it around!
I call her "Little Nebbie" when she's using it.
We had to finally start doing Jonah's neb while he is sleeping - it's the only way we can make sure he's at least getting some of the medicine... I'm glad Addie is still tolerating hers!
Post a Comment