Well, we have been super busy the last couple of weeks. Brian has been busy studying for his reliability engineering certification exam. I am so proud of all the time and effort he has been putting into it. So proud that I actually told him last weekend that I would get the girls ready and to bed every night this week so he could study. What was I thinking!? The test is tomorrow, so then we can get back to our normal routine around here.
We have been to the pumpkin patch this month. We did pumpkin painting, jumping in the leaves, a mini haunted house, spooky path through the woods, and a corn maze while we were there. Our Payton lead the group (my girl's night out group met there with our families, so there was about 20+ of us) through that maze like she a pro. She loved those leaves too. Addie just loved wandering around and playing on the swingset.
Last weekend was homecoming here in owatonna. I took the girls to the homecoming parade. It is a BIG deal here. The parade lasted an hour and we came home tired and with my purse loaded with candy. Oh joy... That night we brought Addie to our neighbor's house to play and we took Payton to the homecoming football game. Football is a pretty big deal here too, so we were anxious to go. We met friends there. We actually ended up sitting where a lot of families from our daycare were sitting. Payton has a boy named Nils in her class that she always talks about. Well, he showed up with his family and Payton and Ava just started yelling "NILS! NILS! NILS!" Brian, Dawn and I just laughed our butts off. They would not leave the poor kid alone. Mind you that he did come up to see the girls (they are all 3 years old) and was back and forth throughout the game. Oh boy, it starts early doesn't it?! ha ha The only disappointment of the night was that the marching band apparently does not do football games. This was news to us. It was HOMECOMING! After talking with a few friends it turns out that none of the schools around here have their marching bands participate at the games... Brian was really fired up about that one. What is the marching band for it they don't march at the games? So that kinda stunk. But we did have a fun night.
Addie seems to be coming down with something. Today she had the sniffles and a temp around 102. Did I mention that she wanted me literally touching her ALL DAY LONG! She got a dose of ibuprofen and is now sleeping. I am praying that she has a good night. I have to brave gymnastics in the morning with both of them. Brian usually stays home with Addie. Sunday we are off to Rochester to get the girls photos taken. Hopefully Addison will be feeling better by then and Payton will not catch whatever it is!
The Cave
8 years ago
3 comments:
BMarching band is a huge thing around here. They have tryouts so only those good enough can joint. They practice a lot. But if they don't do football games what's the point! Seriously, WTF?!?!
But, Payton and Ava were really cute at the game taunting Nils. I guess they're 3 going on 14.
Tina forgot to mention that Payton and Addie were dancing around last weekend to ABBA songs. Payton knows them all!
What happened to the little girl that doesn't like boys????
She said Nils is the only boy she likes. I think its because he's the only other kid in her class that sucks his thumb.
Post a Comment