I had to go to Chicago for work this week. 2 1/2 days of a workshop on converting legacy NextNet part numbers and order system to the Motorola system. My role is very small in all of this and I tried to get out of it, but I still ended up coming. Instead of flying, I drove down with two other guys. It only took about 5 1/2 hours which isn't too bad. Flying takes about 4 1/2 hours (total including getting to the airport and waiting for the flight) when everything goes right....which it rarely does. One of the guys I drove down with has a connection to the White Sox front office. He was able to get us tickets to a game for no cost. Originally he thought they would be behind home plate and pretty good, but he later found out they were much better. Follow this
link to the Jim Beam Club where we were sitting. Once in a lifetime type seats! The Bears' number one draft pick, tight end
Greg Olsen was in the same section. He's a BIG guy! The tickets made this trip worth while. Otherwise, pretty much a waste of time.
2 comments:
Oh, la, la! You're rolling with the big guys now! :) :) That's awesome!! :)
Sweet. So who were they playing and did the "other" Sox win? (Really just a test to see if you were paying attention or just people watching the whole time!)
Post a Comment