So Brian left on Tuesday for Chicago and got back on Friday. I was SO exhausted by the time he got back. Payton's teachers at daycare were telling me that she was emotional at times crying for Addison and Daddy. She has been like glue to him since he got back. He has been gone for a lot longer than this before, but this is the first time that she seemed so sad about it.
Wednesday night we had a lot of severe thunderstorms in our area. Of course the first warning came just after Payton went to bed and she was up crying "the storm scare me!" So we spent some time in the family room downstairs because you can't hear the storms as much down there. She ended up sleeping with me because she just wouldn't calm down. The storms were pretty much non-stop, so I can't blame her. It was super loud. Some towns reported baseball size hail. So at around 5:45 am on Thursday I heard a pinging noise... so as I rounded the corner into the living room the hail really came down. Payton was screaming, woke up Addison... the sound of the hail was so loud I thought the windows were going break! It was maybe nickel size, but good god it was loud! So our day began early. I was up every couple of hours calming down Payton and checking the weather reports. What a night... I did manage to get the girls to daycare and to work on time though!
Thursday night the girls and I went to our neighbors for dinner. That was great because I was pooped! Addison loved the attention (our neighbor Rod didn't put her down all evening) and Payton didn't want to leave she was having too much fun!
Friday we went to the pediatrician for Addison's 4 month appointment and a recheck for Payton's anemia. Payton had some lab work and she cried this time. The usually phlebotomist wasn't there and Payton usually does so great with her. And the fact that Addison was screaming in her carseat didn't help matters. The gals said as we were leaving and both girls were whimpering "Looks like your mommy has her hands full today!" No joke! I was counting the minutes for Brian to get home!
On to fun stuff. Addison weighed in at 14 pounds 14 ounces!!! And she is just under 26 inches long. That is a pound heavier and 2 inches taller then Payton at this point. Guess mumma's milk is doing the trick:) It is funny because she isn't a chubby baby, she is long though! She is really into sucking on anything right now. She discovered that her fingers are really fun to chew. She will grab at her gym and toys and can pull herself up on her side. No rolling yet though. She hates tummy time, but we are trying to be good to get her on her belly every day. She is rubbing a bald spot on the back of her head. Her doctor told me that they actually love that because it tells her that we are putting her to sleep on her back. Which we are. Although the little stinker STILL loves to be swaddled. She still fits into our recieving blankets so that is nice. I hate to swaddle her when it has been so hot, but the AC makes up for it I guess.
Last night we had a party for one of my friends at work that just moved on to a new job. They actually are looking to move out of town, but haven't even put their house on the market yet. They are thinking it will be 6 months to a year for their house to sell, which is realistic in our town. There is a lot of real estate here in their price range. So we are secretly happy about that. Our house/ yard was a zoo last night! We had 13 adults and 12 children running around. The house behind us just sold and our new neighbors literally moved in yesterday. They were probably hoping that this isn't a common thing for us! We did have a nice evening though. It was a good reason to have a party!
The Cave
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment