Well, our sweetie is FINALLY off the iron supplements!!! I talked with the pediatrician's office today and her iron is normal. If you remember in January her iron was so low that we had to go see a hematologist. We have used her tips and really been serious with her supplements (Payton has been a real champ over the last couple of months). I guess it helped! Although her hemoglobin is still on the low side her doctor feels that we can now switch to an multivitamin with iron and not come back until she is 3! 6 months without a visit to the lab!!! I bought some Flinstones vitamins today (she gets half of one a day) and she chewed it right up. She then asked for more!! It looks like the struggle is over. Lets hope and pray that this is all she needs!
The ONLY thing that stinks is that I just refilled her prescription. So now I have 2 bottles of iron that we don't need. They don't expire for a couple of years... hopefully we won't need them! I truly didn't think that we would be off the iron yet!
The Cave
8 years ago
3 comments:
That's great news! Hopefully you won't need those are refilled refills. ;)
Many...I can't spell today. ALREADY instead of are. What the heck.
It took me a second, but I knew what you meant! We are totally hoping that this works of course! But lately, before the new vitamin, she was asking for her "brown medicine". Guess she knew we were serious!
Post a Comment