- On occasion I will have very vivid dreams...usually about looking for something. I might grab a flashlight and start looking through drawers or something. I've even moved the nightstand a time or two. I'll eventually get my wits about me and stand there for a second or two and realize I should be sleeping and go back to bed. Thanks, dad!
- My button-down-the-front shirts have to be hung with the back of the shirt to the right and the top button buttoned...the collar gets all screwy if it isn't!
- I have a bird made out of construction paper I made in 2nd grade still hanging in my bedroom at my parent's house. It's been hanging there in the same spot for almost 25 years with the same piece of tape!
- I have 4 computers in the house (one isn't hooked up). When I bring my laptop home from work that makes 5 (geek).
- I don't mind emptying the dishwasher or vacuuming.
- I had back surgery at the ripe old age of 26. It was a laminotomy of one of the lower vertebrae...that's where part of the bone and disk are removed to relieve a herniated disk. The relief was immediate! Anyway, the surgery was a week before we were to fly to Negaunee for Christmas. While on the plane, I had to stand up for awhile to stretch my back a bit. There was a little old lady, must have been in her late 70s, that was also standing for awhile. We chatted a bit and I found out she had recently had very similar surgery. Not a good sign that you have to have surgery in your 20s that old people in their 70s need. The good news is that I have had no problems since!
- Minnesota is a dangerous State for my bones. I lived 357 months in other states and never broken a bone. I have lived in Minnesota for a total of 29 months and have broken two bones (my collar bone in 1996 while doing a co-op in Rochester and my pinkie toe this past November).
The Cave
9 years ago
10 comments:
I laughed when I read about the shirts. It makes sense, though. Maybe I should start doing that with Dave's shirts!
The "Shirt" thing you acquired all on your own...maybe a little from Dad. I'm not that anal.
ummm,
I do #1 too! not usually opening drawers though. I did it a lot more when I was in school(stress, I suppose).
I think I remember that bird!
Are all the Transformers still on the bookshelf, too? Those things might be worth a bit on eBay with the new movie coming out!
Dave
The book shelves are gone...they're in our house now. The Transformers are safe in boxes in my parent's basement, apparently along with ALL of my baby/childhood stuff!
Lets emphasize that I am the one hanging all those shirts, but I learned quickly that he is very particular! He is very specific about his clothes hanging and folding of his socks and T-shirts. Funny thing is he isn't usually the one doing the laundry... Hmmmm...
Those vivid dreams usually involve talking in his sleep, so they can be quite amusing. To me that is, not to Brian!
Dave talks in his sleep sometimes, too. It's so funny to listen to him!
Love that Brian...I learned so much more about you. That computer thing is a little crazy don't you think....LOL
Nicole
THANK YOU Nicole. All those computers is a bit excessive! He will have to give one up for the girls to play on before long!
I think the computer thing sounds totally normal. LOL. But...I am married to a geek as well. ;)
I think I need to get Garret and you together for awhile...maybe some of your anal-ness would rub off on him. Tina's too!
Those were great to read. I know you so much better now! :)
Post a Comment