Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Elevator Etiquette

We were at the MOA (Mall of America) on Sunday. There are certain rules of etiquette which should be followed when around other people...such as at the elevator. The main offender was this guy in a yellow sweatshirt who we will call Big Bird (dodo bird of course). Addison was in her stoller and payton had just hopped off of her's when we got to our floor. I was leading Payton by the hand and puller her stroller while trying to exit the elevator. Big Bird practically had one foot on the elevator before the door fully opened. I move forward in hopes he would back off, but no. I lean ever so slightly into him, again hoping he'd back off and say "excuse me". Nothing. I lean a little more and another "excuse me" as I push on through. Tina was a little nicer and got off after me but she said she heard him muttering something. I turn back as the door is about to close and give Big Bird the "stink eye". Most people over the age of 15 know how to handle getting on and off of an elevator. Apparently this guy, in his 40's, is A: rude, and B: too lazy to walk...up an escalator!!!


On a happy note, Payton woke Tina up the other night and asked to go potty. That is big news. She's been mildly complaining that her diaper is uncomfortable on her butt. So, last night she wanted to wear her big-girl-underwear. So she did and was dry all night. She didn't get up at all and went on the potty shortly after getting up for the day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm really glad that you showed your maturity and didn't give Big Bird THE bird.

Sonja said...

Oooooh...THE bird sounds like a good idea though. ;) That is one of my pet peeves too. Aaaaargh.