Friday, November 09, 2007

Long week...

Well, Addison's eye cleared up nicely and she has started to sleep better and night. We did go to her 9 month well baby today (a little early to make it the same time as Payton's 3 year) and she still has an ear infection. Switch to Augmentin now...

Anyway... Last weekend was Payton's 3rd birthday. I can't believe she is 3 already! We had a big party and all her friends came and she had a lot of fun. My parents and sister Nicole and family spent the weekend. On Monday Payton was sad that it was just us again. She loves all those people! We played games, had a pinata and ate cake. Not to bad with a bunch of 3 year olds! She got a lot of games (chutes and ladders, candyland, hi ho cheerio, honey bee tree...) and she is really into playing with them. If is fun for us too.

Thursday I got a call from daycare to pick up Payton this time. She was vomiting. By the time I got there she seemed to be back to normal, but she has to stay home for 24hours before she can go back. Fortunately I am off today so we can all be home. This morning I braved a doctor's appointment for both girls all by my lonesome. Man that is tough! I felt like I was a octopus in that room holding this one while the doctor looked at that one..... Then they both got a flu shot, big fun there, and then we were off to the lab for bloodwork for our anemic Payton. She didn't cooperate this time, I think she remembered the phlebotomist, and she screamed from the moment I pulled her on to my lap until the moment we walked out of there. Can't say that I blame her. She said to me "Daddy isn't happy that they hurt me." I kept trying to tell her that they had to hurt you to make sure you don't get sick. Yeah right mumma! Well, I did get a call from the office and Paytons hemoglobin is the best it has ever been at 10.6, and her iron is normal!!! 10.6 is still low, but for her it is good. So we can stay on the flinstone's with iron still. THANK GOD! She does so good taking them I dread to think if we had to switch. Then we were off to the pharmacy to get Addie's augmentin for her ears. A lovely trip to Target. I wanted to pull all my hair out by the time we got home, but then it was past lunch time, so no time to wallow:)

Here are their stats, they are quite different as you can see:)!
Payton: 28 pounds and 36 1/3 inches tall putting her at 25th percentile for height AND weight.
Addison: 22 pounds 11 ounces and 29 1/4 inches tall putting her at 90th percentile for height 95th percentile for weight.
They both are in the "healthy" range of height vs. weight. Payton is on the very bottom and Addie is close to the top!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Isn't it funny how two siblings can be at such oppostite ends of the spectrum? I have a sister who has two little girls, and they are just like Payton and Addison.