I voted recently in our local election, but not for any candidates. I voted for a couple of proposals for school funding. Unfortunately they were all voted down. One was for all day kindergarten which we would like to see especially since Payton will be going to school soon. Voting got me thinking a bit more about the upcoming presidential election. I really don't like politics. Polititians say a lot without actually saying anything...kinda like CEOs. They have a real knack for talking around questions. I found a website that can help people who don't have a lot of time to research all the candidates. This is the
Vote Match Quiz. You answer a few questions about your views and they match you up with each candidate. Its broken up into social and economic sections. I found that the composite score can be a bit misleading because you could have very similar views on one sections but be very different in the other. Also, there may be some issues that can be "deal breakers" if you disagree. I try to find one that is a good balance. There's lots of information available so you can get as much or as little info ont he candidates as you like.
2 comments:
Too bad about the school proposals. Bay County finally passed a millage for the public libraries. It took 3 tries, and it was only for 1 mill.
I pretty much tell my gov't students (when I teach it in the summer) the same thing. At the very least, find out what the candidates think about 2-3 issues most important to YOU, then vote for the one that agrees. (I've tried to post this comment 2 times already. hopefully the 3rd is the charm!)
Post a Comment